Our Pre-Conference Events (PCEs), organised by our Special Interest Groups (SIGs), are being held in Harrogate on Monday 17 April 2023.
These events allow you to explore a particular subject area in more depth, network with colleagues from around the world and to continue your professional development.
Each PCE runs for the full day (from 10.00 - 17.00 UK time). It is only possible to register and attend one PCE. All PCE delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
|Early bird Pre-Conference Event (PCE)*||£70||£57|
|Standard Pre-Conference Event (PCE)||£86||£73|
*Your booking and full payment must reach IATEFL by 16.00 (UK time) Wednesday 11 January 2023 to be eligible for this early bird deadline.
For more information on bookings, including the full terms and conditions, go to www.iatefl.org/conference/booking-information.
2023's PCE topics
Click the title of the event to find out more and book your place
- TechLit! Exploring crossovers between technology and literature - Learning Technology (LT) SIG and Literature (Lit) SIG Joint Hybrid PCE
- Global perspectives in diverse training contexts - Teacher Training and Education (TTEd)
- Take your pick: practical takeaways for Business English - Business English (BE) SIG PCE
- Practical ideas for developing age-appropriate learner autonomy in Young Learner Classrooms - Young Learners and Teenagers (YLT) SIG and Learner Autonomy (LA) SIG Joint Hybrid PCE
- Current Trends in ESP - English for Specific Purposes (ESP) SIG Hybrid PCE
- Materials creation: More than just the student’s book - Materials Writing (MaW) SIG Hybrid PCE
- ESOL in the 2020s: Changing the Story, Challenging the Narrative - ESOL SIG PCE
- Language assessment literacy for the classroom: who needs it and what do they need? - Testing, Evaluation and Assessment (TEA) SIG PCE
- Mental Health in ELT - Inclusive Practices & Special Educational Needs (IP&SEN) SIG and Leadership & Management (LAM) SIG Joint Hybrid PCE
- Teacher Research and inclusion and social justice in language education - Research (Re) SIG PCE
- Teacher development and pronunciation: Feel the fear and teach it anyway! - Pronunciation (Pron) SIG and Teacher Development (TD) SIG Joint Hybrid PCE