Our Pre-Conference Events (PCEs), organised by our Special Interest Groups (SIGs), are being held in Harrogate on Monday 17 April 2023.
These events allow you to explore a particular subject area in more depth, network with colleagues from around the world and to continue your professional development.
Each PCE runs for the full day (from 10.00 - 17.00 UK time). It is only possible to register and attend one PCE. All PCE delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
2023's PCE topics
Click the title of the event to find out more and book your place
- TechLit! Exploring crossovers between technology and literature - Learning Technology (LT) SIG and Literature (Lit) SIG Joint PCE
- Global perspectives in diverse training contexts - Teacher Training and Education (TTEd) SIG PCE
- Take your pick: practical takeaways for Business English - Business English (BE) SIG PCE
- Practical ideas for developing age-appropriate learner autonomy in Young Learner Classrooms - Young Learners and Teenagers (YLT) SIG and Learner Autonomy (LA) SIG Joint PCE
- Current Trends in ESP - English for Specific Purposes (ESP) SIG PCE
- Materials creation: More than just the student’s book - Materials Writing (MaW) SIG PCE
- ESOL in the 2020s: Changing the Story, Challenging the Narrative - ESOL SIG PCE