Login to your account
If you don't already have an account, click on the link below to create one (this is free)
Choose your preferred membership type
Some of the many reasons to join IATEFL:
- discounted rates at all IATEFL events, including the annual international conference
- discounts on a range of English language teaching magazines and journals from a wide range of publishers
- monthly eBulletin with information and news from the association
- IATEFL Voices, our bi-monthly publication, delivered to you online or by post
- Conference Selections, our publication of presentations made at the IATEFL international conference
- monthly webinars and attendance certificate for those you attend, as well as access to previous recordings
- searchable archive of articles, publications, interviews and webinars
- submit a proposal to speak at a virtual or face-to-face IATEFL event, including the international conference
- get your work published in one of our publications, including IATEFL Voices and our online blog platform 'Views'
- join one or more of our 16 Special Interest Groups and keep up to date in your particular areas of interest
- member-only scholarship opportunities to attend the international conference
- build your professional network, volunteer on one of the committees, vote on who leads the association and have your say!
Individual membership types
|Membership type||Cost||Special Interest Groups (SIGs)||Criteria|
|Full membership||£70 per year||1 included, additional SIGs £23 each||-|
|Early Career Teacher||£70 for 2 years||1 included, additional SIGs £23 each||This is only available to first time members who are in the first 5 years of their ELT career|
|Student membership||£50 per year||1 included, additional SIGs £23 each||This is only available to full-time students. Proof of student status must be provided e.g. scan of your student card|
|Retired membership||£50 per year||1 included, additional SIGs £23 each||This is only available to people who have retired from their career|
Prices for annual subscriptions valid until August 2021.
£190 per year
£370 per year
£550 per year
£730 per year
|Access to member areas of IATEFL website, including all resources||1 key contact + 4 staff logins||1 key contact + 8 staff logins||1 key contact + 12 staff logins||1 key contact + 16 staff logins|
|Member rates for all IATEFL events||Yes, 4 places||Yes, 8 places||Yes, 12 places||Yes, 16 places|
|Submit a proposal to speak at virtual and face-to-face IATEFL events||Yes, 4 places||Yes, 8 places||Yes, 12 places||Yes, 16 places|
|IATEFL Voices, our bi-monthly member magazine||Yes, 2 copies||Yes, 4 copies||Yes, 6 copies||Yes, 8 copies|
|Conference Selections, our conference papers publication||Yes, 1 copy||Yes, 2 copies||Yes, 2 copies||Yes, 3 copies|
|Exclusive discounts from a range of publishers on periodical subscriptions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Have an article published in IATEFL Voices, on our blog or in a SIG publication||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Join one or more of our 16 Special Interest Groups||Yes, £34 each||Yes, £34 each||1 included free, then £34 each||1 included free, then £34 each|
|Raise your profile with an institutional listing on the IATEFL website||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IATEFL Jobs Market adverts||10% discount per advert||20% discount per advert||30% discount per advert||40% discount per advert|
|IATEFL Voices adverts||-||-||25% discount per advert||25% discount per advert,
plus 1 free quarter-page advert
Prices for annual subscriptions valid until August 2022.
Any free Jobs Market or Voices adverts must be used before membership expiry date.
Any free Voices adverts subject to availability in a specifically requested edition. Artwork to be supplied to IATEFL by the institution.