How do I access the online platform?
Details of how to access and use the online platform will be sent to all delegates nearer the time. Please keep a close eye on your emails, including checking your spam/junk folder, between now and the conference.
How do I book for the conference?
You can book you place for the conference by going to www.iatefl.org and logging into your IATEFL dashboard. If you haven't done so already, you will need to create a free user account first before you can access this. The deadline for booking your place is 16.00 (UK time) Thursday 10 June 2021.
Do I have to pay the conference fee when booking or can I pay later?
No, you do not need to pay when submitting your online booking. You have the option to pay online or you can make note of the details to pay later (either online, by telephone or bank transfer). All payments must reach IATEFL by the booking deadline of 10 June 2021, if we have not received your payment by this date you will not receive access to the online platform.
Will I get a refund if I have to cancel my booking?
We refund 50% of your payment if your cancellation is received by us before 1 May 2021. Cancellations after this date will not be refunded. There is no charge for cancellation of a booking if no payment has been made.
How do I make a change to my booking?
You must contact [email protected] to put your change request in writing. Depending on when you make the change, and what the change is, there may be an administrative fee. Details of administrative fees can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
Will I get a certificate of attendance at conference?
All delegates will recieve a certificate of attendance. Details on how this can be obtained will be sent to all delegates at the appropriate time.
I’d like to apply for a scholarship to attend IATEFL’s conference, what should I do?
Scholarship applications for the 2021 conference are now closed. The deadline for submiting your applicaiton was 29 July 2020. If you are interested in finding out more about the scholarship application process, please visit the Scholarship page.
I'd like to submit a speaker proposal for the IATEFL Conference, how do I do this?
Due to the deferral of the IATEFL Conference, we will not be accepting any further speaker proposals at this time.
I need an invoice before I can pay, what should I do?
You can download an invoice by logging into your IATEFL dashboard and clicking "My payments" (on the right-hand side, in Account settings).
Why do I need to be a member of IATEFL to submit a proposal to speak at the IATEFL Conference?
Being able to submit a proposal to speak at the IATEFL conference is only possible for IATEFL members.
Some of the reasons for this are:
- Submitting a speaker proposal is seen, and clearly promoted, as a clear benefit of being a member of the association. IATEFL is a self-funding, non-profit organisation run for the benefit of its members.
- IATEFL sees the conference as a professional development opportunity which it offers as part of its member benefits along with, for example, having an article published in one of its publications or applying to present a webinar.
- It is hoped that those who wish to present at the conference are not doing so purely for personal interest, but also as part of a professional community of which they wish to be a part.
- IATEFL supports the wider EFL community with respect of the conference in significant ways, by: welcoming non-members to attend, having the Exhibition open (and free of charge) to all, by offering many scholarships to non-members to attend (and for many, to speak at) the conference, and also through live streaming and recording parts of the conference, including all plenaries, and making these available free online.
- The cost of joining IATEFL and the subsequent member discount for the conference is purposely kept lower than the cost of attending as a non-member. One reason for this is to provide members with access to the many other year-round benefits of being a member of IATEFL.
- IATEFL offers members of over 120 national ‘IATEFL Associate’ teaching associations reduced cost membership enabling their members a cheaper route to joining IATEFL and consequently being able to apply to speak at conference. Additional charitable initiatives of the Wider Membership Scheme and the Wider Individual Membership Scheme make this membership route even more accessible for many.
This policy is regularly reviewed by the IATEFL board of trustees, who believe that it continues to be in line with IATEFL’s mission.