English Language Teaching Assistant
As part of the on-going educational reform project and continuing program expansion, Qatar University is making a substantial investment in education by attracting diverse faculty and enhancing teaching and research. The Mission of the University’s Foundation Program is to prepare high school graduates to meet the Qatar University common entrance requirements in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide one-to-one tutoring and small-group activities online and/or in person.
- Oversee and encourage the use of the university’s learning resources including printed, audio-visual, and computer-based equipment, and other learning support methods and materials as they are developed.
- Assist at risk students by informing them of their status, monitoring their attendance, and developing their language acquisition skills.
- Enhance student success through increasing motivation and developing their confidence and soft skills.
- Coach learners in specific areas of need in second language acquisition.
- Provide access to physical and online resources that learners can use to develop their second language learning strategies.
- Povide online and in-class instruction when needed.
- An on-campus Master's degree in TESOL (Teachers of English for Students of Other Languages), Applied Linguistics or ELT from a reputably accredited university/program from an English medium of instruction institution.
- Experience in tutoring at the high school or tertiary level, student support, testing and assessment, instructional technology, and curriculum and materials development.
- Ability to work independently, and/or in a group setting both online and on campus.
- Proficient in Information Communication Technology
1. Returning Applicant: Please login in Qatar University Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
ESOL Item Writer/Reviewer
PSI Services and Scottish Qualifications Authority, are developing new Secure English Language Test content and are recruiting item writer/reviewers to support the construction of test material from autumn 2020.
Item writers and reviewers are responsible for creating and quality assuring test material under the direction of SQA. These must be undertaken within set conditions, timeframes and arrangements. This work can be undertaken remotely and in your own time. Access to a secure personal device, reliable internet connection and private personal email address are essential.
- Produce and review new test material of a suitable standard and by specified deadlines in accordance with SQA guidance
- Provide edits and amendments as required and support SQA and PSI with continuous improvement.
- Have demonstrable experience of item writing, reviewing or materials development of high-stakes ESOL tests
- Have several years’ experience of teaching adults (ESOL or EAP) OR demonstrable experience of working with an ESOL awarding organisation
- Have recognised TESOL certification/qualification
- Have a working knowledge of CEFR
- Demonstrate good forward planning and time management skills, adhere to strict deadlines and be competent in using IT packages such as Word
- Have excellent proof reading skills and strong attention to detail
- Be responsible for the security and confidentiality of assessment material they engage with
Successful applicants will be required to undertake necessary security checks. These will be done at no cost to the candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online through our company website. To view the job listing on our website, copy this link into your browser - https://psionline.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2li70rli6r9
The ‘Apply Now’ button will bring up the online application form.
If you have any questions on the role or would like further information, please contact the SELT Project team on [email protected].