We offer 10-month contracts.
The school provides a fully furnished apartment, paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical cover, return flights to the UK and work permit and visa costs.
Extensive support through our in-house Teacher Development Programme, led by Diploma-qualified teachers.
Significant professional development opportunities for the right candidates, including potential Delta sponsorship, promotion prospects and examiner training.
Teaching contracts are for 24 hours, Monday to Friday and include a combination of classroom and online lessons. We teach a wide range of ages and levels. Special support and instruction is given to staff new to teaching younger children, online classes and examination courses.
- Cambridge CELTA, Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent. Courses without teaching practice of real students are not accepted.
- Certified C2 level of English (IELTS 8.0+ or CPE).
- Teaching experience is desirable, but not essential.
- We are particularly interested in hearing from teachers who are working towards their Delta or DipTESOL.
About the school:
We are a British owned group of language schools, operating in Ukraine since 1996, with centres in Kyiv, Odesa and Lviv, and an online school catering to students from all over Ukraine.
The school offers a unique environment for both newly qualified staff and those wishing to expand their horizons, with a strong in-house professional development programme and significant opportunities for more experienced teachers, including Delta sponsorship and positions in management. Due to our close links with Pearson, scope of potential work may include recruitment, trade fairs, marketing and finance, textbook design, publishing, ELT seminars and webinars.
As our schools are both Cambridge and Pearson Exam Centres, there are opportunities to train to become examiners. We also offer the Cambridge CELTA every summer at our Odesa centre and run preparation courses for the Cambridge TKT modules year-round throughout the country. There is therefore the opportunity to move into teacher training for Diploma qualified staff.
The majority of our school's management and teacher training team have been promoted from within, underlining our commitment to both teacher and career development.
Language Lecturer in EAP
Salary is commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Some nationalities may qualify for income tax 'holidays.' Employment is regulated by Chinese labour laws and must comply with regulations of the provincial government which stipulate eligibility for legal employment re obtaining work permits and visas.
Visit our Career Fairs booth at the IATEFL Virtual Conference 19 - 21 June 2021!
XJTLU is a young, dynamic EMI university founded in 2006. We are China’s largest Sino-British joint venture university offering both University of Liverpool and Chinese Ministry of Education accredited degrees. The BALEAP-accredited English Language Centre is the world's largest specialising in EAP with 200 full-time lecturers. We teach EAP oriented to 5000 CEFR A2-B1 Year 1 students. We also teach EAP for Years 2 and 3 and have a 2000-student Postgraduate EAP programme. All students can take advantage of our continuous academic support programme. ELC staff enable and empower students through expert and semi-specialised language and skills training to develop multiple academic literacies that bring degree study success and so are held in high esteem. ELC is a teaching centre. Workload is shared between teaching, professional engagement, and service. Teaching may be up to 20 hours per week, which might include the summer period. ELC has several openings for Associate Language Lecturer, Language Lecturer and Senior Language Lecturer:
- a good standard of written and spoken English, as this is the working language of the university AND
- a master’s degree in TESOL or Education OR a master’s degree with min. 2 years’ full-time post-master’s experience teaching, assessing and/or developing materials for EAP courses in a university or college context (e.g., on a foundation year level)
- DELTA, CELTA or equivalent
- dynamic, current, and innovative engagement in any of these areas: Technology Enhanced Language Learning (esp. uses of VR/AR/MR/AI/mobiles); CLIL; writing centre; communicative and problem or task-based methodologies; materials design; assessment; learner autonomy
Apply online at https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu (search requisition 2069). Use only the resume section to upload a single PDF file that includes cover letter (in your letter, please tell us if you attended IATEFL conference and when/with whom you interacted), a current CV and 3 reference letters or contacts for 3 references.
Please email informal inquiries to [email protected]
English Language Online Teaching
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Are you an experienced English Language Teacher with full professional proficiency?
Would you like to be part of a motivated team working on unique, state-of-the-art online interactive courses?
Do you want to make a difference to students all over Turkey from the comfort of your own home?
Burlington English, a leading global provider of English language training programs and services, is looking for Online Full-time and Part-time English Language Teachers with full professional proficiency, CEFR C2 level English Teachers for Burlington English International Online Language School in Turkey.
In response to student needs, Burlington English is excited to start a unique program of conversational English language lessons in Turkey. It is a unique program for English language acquisition, combining live teaching through our digital platform, with state-of-the-art online interactive lessons.
We are looking for motivated, experienced English Language Teachers with full professional proficiency who want to make a difference through their teaching by delivering engaging learning experiences to adult and young learners, as well as corporate students.
Burlington English continues to revolutionize English communication training through the development of programs that support individuals to achieve their professional and personal goals.
Join us and be part of a dynamic team whose goal is to make a difference in students’ lives by empowering them to improve and realize their dreams.
Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student experience
-Full professional proficiency in English A MUST
-Previous significant international teaching experience is A MUST
-A Bachelors degree or equivalent in ELT or CELTA/DELTA A MUST
-Excellent communication skills
-Flexibility in work hours
-High level of emotional intelligence
-Highly developed commitment to customer satisfaction,
To apply please follow :
IATEFL Conference Selections Proof Editor
Conference Selections is IATEFL’s annual collection of selected reports of papers delivered at the Conference. It is a refereed publication with print and online distribution to IATEFL members and institutions in over 100 countries. It is intended to give a taste of the Conference to IATEFL members who could not be there in person and a reference source for those that were. The publication is also available for both IATEFL members and non-members to purchase from the IATEFL online shop. Along with Voices, the eBulletin and SIG publications, the IATEFL Conference Selections book forms a substantial part of the benefits IATEFL members receive and are key communication and marketing methods to ensure our members feel part of a community.
About the Conference Selections team
Much of the business of the team is done by email and also involves liaison with the IATEFL Publications Committee and IATEFL Head Office. In the normal way, the team meets face to face at the annual conference. Other meetings are held virtually as needed as well as communicating via Slack and email.
Profile of the Conference Selections Proof Editor
As Proof Editor for Conference Selections, you will liaise with the Editor, currently Deborah Bullock.
Your specific duties include:
- Proofread the first draft copy received from the Editor;
- Proofread amended proofs from the Editor;
- Update and amend the Conference Selections Style Guide and use this to notice inconsistencies, mistakes with spelling, grammar, references etc in the text;
- Liaise as necessary with the Editor throughout to ensure the smooth running of the process;
- Attend a face-to-face meeting at the annual IATEFL Conference along with other Conference Selections editorial committee members
- normally have a good working knowledge of IATEFL.
- have experience of academic writing, editing and publishing in the ELT field.
- be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- be familiar with UK English orthography and referencing style.
- be willing to work as part of a team, attend team meetings and communicate with other members of the team in a timely manner.
- have a positive attitude, be flexible and have strong interpersonal skills.
- have sufficiently good quality internet access for frequent access to email, Skype, Zoom or Google Meet.
- be able to make decisions and work to deadlines.
- have good computer skills, especially online editing through Google Docs, Word, and Adobe products.
For the 54th Conference, the busiest time for the Conference Selections team will be December 2021 into January 2022 for initial proof-editing and then February and March for 1st and 2nd proofs. Review of submissions will happen between August and October 2021.
For the 55th and 56th Conferences the busiest times for the Conference Selections team will be different and will fall usually in May and September / October.
This role can be extremely busy and key deadlines have to be met. The successful candidate should be able to prioritise Conference Selections at these busy times.
- If you are, for whatever reason, unable to provide the services personally, then you will be responsible for supplying a suitable alternative person to undertake the role.
- You may, at your discretion, employ additional staff to provide the services outlined in this agreement.
- You will be responsible for the remuneration of anyone you employ in the provision of these services.
- You will be responsible for providing your own insurances, should you require them.
It is expected that the successful applicant will be able to join the editorial committee with immediate effect.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit:
- a one-page CV outlining relevant qualifications and number of years’ experience of writing, editing and publishing in the ELT field.
- a personal statement, of no more than 250 words, explaining why you feel you are the right person for this role.
All applications should be sent to Eleanor Baynham, Special Interest Groups & Publications Officer via [email protected], by the closing date of 1 July 2021. Eleanor can also be contacted should you require any further information about this role.
If you are the successful applicant, your contract will cover the production of Conference Selections for the 54th, 55th and 56th annual conferences.