Long-term Teacher of YL, Teens, Adults at Pre A1-B2 from 2025
- Teach April to December, and ski/snowboard/travel January to March
- Liveable gross monthly salary based on experience, responsibility
- Health Insurance/Pension
- Work visa
- Teaching afternoons/evenings, Monday to Friday
- No weekends, 5 weeks summer break.
- Opportunity to run a highly-regarded Language School focused on social mobility
- A long-term life opportunity in a unique place
- A dream job for the right person
Niseko is in rural Hokkaido, Japan. Over the last 20 years it has seen a sudden influx of International ski tourists.
10 years ago we started a language school to support local people to engage with a new tourist economy.
English is not neccessary or widely-spoken in rural Japan, so this is an exceptional scenario.
Huge investment by overseas companies in high-end hotels, services and property has resulted in a need for people to be able to 'do English', not pass tests.
e.g. we are entrusted to deliver English in local state schools through highly-proficient, NNEST teachers and this is unheard of elsewhere in Japan.
This role is teaching YL, teens and adults who come after school or work to develop practical, communcative language skills.
Levels are PreA1-B2 but students are highly motivated and keen to make progress.
We offer Cambridge Assessment at those levels for learners to assess their progress.
We teach in English entirely 'in English' to maintain an (artificial) communciation gap and develop mediation skills in a country where non-classroom exposure to, and influence of English is relatively low.
This is a role for either an accomplished Delta/Dip. level teacher who can 'do it all', (YL,teens,adults & PreA1-B2) who likes variety and autonomy.
a less qualified/experienced teacher who wants to do Delta and perhaps run a small, classroom-based school.
We are semi-retiring, so this is an opportunity for someone who is prepared to:
- teach in English (no L1 is used)
- live in the most international resort in Japan
- be in a beautiful, peaceful place that changes dramatically each season
- teach 9 months a year, ski/snowboard or travel in Winter
- have the option to run a small school / earn more.
1. Consider living in a small, Japanese ski town for a min. 3 years but ideally much longer, first teaching from April 2025.
2. Then email, [email protected] with a c.v/resume including your teaching experience, qualifications (min. Celta or Trinity Cert.) CEFR level and with a current photograph.
3. Be prepared to explain your interest in an online meeting.
4. Be prepared to interview in Brighton, on April 16 or 17, 2024.