Young Learner / Adult Learner Teaching Opportunity
- Locally competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Accommodation for limited period upon arrival
- Monthly housing stipend
- Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
- Paid vacation and holidays, including: one month vacation in August, school breaks, and national holidays
- Moroccan Arabic or French language lessons
The American Language Centers of Morocco are looking for full-time classroom teachers who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction and the use of ed-tech apps in the classroom. This entails managing a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair- and group-work activities, games, movement and creative in-class task-based projects. Fun and effective conversational English instruction is our focus.The American Language Centers, located in 12 cities in Morocco (Agadir, Casablanca, El Jadida, Fes, Kenitra, Marrakech, Meknes, Mohammedia, Rabat, Tangier, Tetouan, and Oujda), are members of the American Cultural Association (ACA), a private, non-profit association with 12 Language Centers located in Morocco. Classrooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs with USB ports, wifi, and AC. Teachers also have access to their center’s bookroom stocked with teaching resources and additional supplementary materials.
Professional development opportunities offered with the ACA include workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
- B.A. degree
- CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL Via Lingua, Peace Corps’ TEFL certification, SIT TESOL Certificate or equivalent min 120-hour, classroom-based TEFL certification that includes live observed practical teaching hours with real learners.
- Candidates must document a minimum of one years’ overseas general EFL teaching experience (full-time), preferably with adolescents and children.
- Experience in university level instruction, ESL, EAP, Business English, test-prep, tutorial (one-on-one or very small group) and short-term substitution is assigned less weight in assessing experience and overall suitability for this position.
- Other opportunities include leading student clubs, (i.e. business, drama, debate) and community service club projects
To apply, send the following attachments to [email protected]:
- 1-page cover letter briefly describing your approach to classroom instruction and interest in the ALCs (please specify which ones interest you)
- Scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates
Please visit https://aca.org.ma/ for more information. *Only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted.
ELT Consultant, Based in Milano, (Lombardia), Italy
A motivating and fun environment, flexibility, an open-minded team and a creative position. Initially a one-year contract with the possibility to renew, the candidate will be office based (Sempione area, Milan) while smart / hybrid working (1-2 days per week) can be discussed. PC and Mobile phone will be provided to the successful candidate.
Find out more about us: www.elionline.com/english-elt
We are looking for an ELT Consultant to promote ELi Publishing and our services in Europe and other territories.
You will be expected to market ELi Publishing products to client/sales networks and teachers through face-to-face and/or online presentations, videos, webinars and conferences.
Candidates must be available to travel to places of commercial interest including fairs, conferences, events and meetings, working with the commercial and marketing teams in response to market activity. Approximately 30 to 40% of your time will be travelling, with an increase during the promotional season.
The role will also require some editorial tasks and promotional material compiling requests (web copy text editing, proofreading, translations etc).
The candidate must be familiar with social media, internet navigation and Microsoft Office Suite.
- C2 level of English
- Previous experience as an ELT consultant and teacher trainer
- Excellent presentation skills with some editorial skills (text copy/revision).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to provide clear presentations both commercial and didactic, reporting skills and with good knowledge of Power Point
The candidate should be Milan based or nearby and be able to travel independently. The candidate must be able to work flexible hours and knowledge of the French language will be considered a plus.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and Application letter to [email protected]
Course instructors for the MA degree in Technology-Mediated Language Teaching and Learning at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
We are looking for course instructors for the MA degree in Technology-Mediated Language Teaching and Learning at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Department of Arts and Humanities).
The language of instruction will be Spanish or English depending on the candidate's profile.
- Doctoral degree in Computer-Assisted Language Learning, Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics and Technology, or related field.
- Native or near-native equivalent proficiency in either Spanish or English.
- Teaching experience with adults/university students.
- Initiative, good communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team in innovative contexts.
- Advanced ICT skills (text editors, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of online communication tools for online collaborative work (forums, blogs, etc.).
- Having a separate main line of work is an indispensable requirement for the selection process.
- Experience in distance learning/teaching, especially in virtual learning environments.
- Familiarity with computer applications and techniques relevant to technology-mediated language teaching and learning.
- Language teaching experience.
- Graduate-level teaching experience.
- Experience supervising master's theses.
To take part in the selection process, you need to register as a candidate following this link https://selection.uoc.edu/web/profile/login.aspx
Once registered, you can apply from the candidate area.
EFL Teacher and Activity Lead
Salary £650 per week, 6 days per week, Residential, Full Board.
We provide high quality summer courses for international students in English language and a variety of fun academic and co-curricular activities created by the schools enthusiastic and highly experienced staff. Set in one of England’s most beautiful stately homes in the glorious Cotswolds. It is a truly wonderful working environment to be in. Our EFL team are supported throughout the summer by our experienced DoS and Head of Summer School, ensuring we maintain a quality and enriching programme for all of our international students.
- 15 hours of English Tuition per week (3 hours each morning)
- Up to 6 Hours Team Project Challenge Tuition (lead or support roles)
- Lead or support in helping to deliver our Activity and social programme
- Weekday half day excursions
- Weekend excursions (Saturdays) and arrival/ departure days (Sundays)
- Lesson planning time allocated to all EFL Teachers. Applicants must have as a minimum, a degree plus an accredited EFL qualification
- Additional qualifications in any field is advantageous
- Attendance of Induction dates are mandatory with pre-induction training sessions on Microsoft Teams offered on flexible dates. These are paid contracted days and sessions
Applicants should complete the schools application form and submit by email to [email protected]