IATEFL works with over 100 national and regional Teaching Associations around the world to promote professional cooperation in English language teaching, and maintain an international network of support and communication. IATEFL and the IATEFL Associates bring together a combined community of over 100,000 English language teaching professionals around the globe.
Non-profit teaching associations can apply to become an 'IATEFL Associate' and, if accepted, are able to benefit their association and its members in a number of ways:
Benefits for teaching associations:
- be represented on the IATEFL Board of Trustees through the Associates' Representative
- invitation for one representative of your association to attend the IATEFL Annual International Conference, including our Associates' Day on the day before the conference opens - an opportunity to meet representatives from other associations around the world, share ideas, benchmark and collaborate.
- publicising your events to an international audience
- collaborate with IATEFL's 16 Special Interest Groups on events and publications
- apply for special funding such as the Wider Membership Scheme and IATEFL Projects
Benefits for teaching association members:
- reduced cost 'Associate Individual Membership' of IATEFL for members of the teaching association
- be part of a wider international community, build your professional network of colleagues around the world