IATEFL's overall mission is set out here in our Mission, goals and practices document which can be found in our key documents.
In order to continue to achieve this mission, to stay relevant, the association has a current strategy which is regularly reviewed and updated, and reported on back to members at our Annual General Meeting.
IATEFL's current development strategy has four main themes:
1. Continuing professional development
- To explore how IATEFL can enhance how it helps ‘develop’ members through additional CPD opportunities.
2. Membership benefits and services
- To effectively review the types of membership, member benefits and services, and the split between what is offered just to members and what is offered to non-members.
- To reduce the carbon footprint of the association and ensure its on-going sustainability.
- To reduce and minimise the carbon footprint of IATEFL events, including the annual international conference.
- Click here to see what steps we have already taken in our latest update.
4. Diversity, inclusion, and internationalisation
- To monitor our activities to ensure they encompass all participants' individual needs. This includes the needs of our members and also, when appropriate, those of the wider ELT community.
- To bring together the voices of diverse members and other relevant professional stakeholders, always highlighting and respecting the provisions of our Code of Conduct.
- To create specific spaces for the professional development of early career teachers.
- To reach out to members and non-members around the world so as to incorporate their voices and experiences into the activities of the Association.