These are the terms that govern your attendance at, and/or participation in, the IATEFL Annual Conference, Exhibition and Pre-Conference Events (PCEs). By booking for the conference you are agreeing to these terms, which form a legal contract between IATEFL and the registered participant. If you are booking on behalf of another delegate, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending is aware of, understands and accepts these terms.
IATEFL reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. This page will always hold the most up-to-date version (last updated: 30th March 2021).
Download a PDF version of these terms and conditions:
54th IATEFL (virtual) Conference and Exhibition Delegate Terms and Conditions
These are the terms which govern your attendance at, and/or participation in, the IATEFL Annual Conference and Exhibition. By booking for the conference you are agreeing to these terms, as well as those of our conference platform, Hopin www.hopin.to/terms, which form a legal contract between IATEFL and the registered participant. If you are booking on behalf of another delegate, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending is aware of, understands and accepts these terms.
1. The Conference
- Payment of the conference fees entitles you to a single access to the online platform upon which the IATEFL International Conference and Exhibition will be held. This access must not be shared with other people, or projected in order to allow multiple people to participate through one delegate booking.
- IATEFL reserves the right to alter any or all aspects of the conference (including, but not limited to, the conference name, content, programme, presenters, venue and time) without liability to delegates for expenses that may have been incurred.
2. Booking & Attendance
- The deadline to book online for the conference is 16:00 (UK time) on Thursday 10 June 2021.
- Bookings must be made online, and can be paid for either online, by bank transfer, or by calling IATEFL Head Office.
- Payment of conference fees must be made in full before login details to the event platform are provided.
- All payments must be made in full in advance of the conference and must reach IATEFL by Thursday 10 June 2021. If your payment is not received by IATEFL by this time, you will not be able to login to the event.
- If a company or institution is paying on behalf of a delegate, it is the delegate’s responsibility to ensure payment is made in time.
- If you wish to benefit from the member discount you must hold a valid membership at the time of your booking and payment, and ensure you are logged into the IATEFL website with your membership account before making your booking. Refunds of payments made in error using non-member rate fees will not be issued.
- You are unable to book for a single day of the event. All bookings are for the entire conference and exhibition.
- If the named delegate is not able to attend, the booking cannot be transferred to another individual unless notice is given to IATEFL Head Office by 16:00 (UK time) on Thursday 10 June 2021. An administrative charge of £15 will apply for such changes.
- IATEFL reserves the right to remove you from the conference platform if IATEFL considers your presence and/or behaviour to create a disruption or to hinder the conference and/or the enjoyment of the conference by other attendees. IATEFL’s code of conduct will apply to all participants in the event.
- Delegates must not use the conference, or conference platform, to promote their own products or services, or the products and services of a company or organisation during the conference, particularly through the communication and chat functionality of the event platform. IATEFL reserves the right to charge exhibitor rates, or to remove the delegate(s) with no right to refund, in such circumstances.
3. Conference Speakers
- Any opinions, ideas and information given within a conference session by a speaker or other participant should not be necessarily regarded as factual, and do not represent the views of IATEFL.
- For additional terms and conditions relating to conference speakers, please refer to the Speaker Guidelines: www.iatefl.org/conference/speaker-proposals
4. Cancellations and refunds
- Conference booking cancellations received on or before 1 May 2021 will incur a 50% cancellation charge on any fees paid.
- Conference booking cancellations received after 1 May 2021 will not be refunded.
- Any other refund requests must be made in writing to IATEFL Head Office and will be at their discretion.
- IATEFL holds no liability should a specific event or session within the conference be cancelled.
- For all services provided by IATEFL which are dependent on the virtual platform provided by Hopin, IATEFL is conscious of the service level agreement offered by Hopin of 99.5% up time. IATEFL cannot reasonably control such virtual provision and so cannot be held liable for any technical issues experienced by the platform. Neither will IATEFL accept liability for technical issues, outside of its control, experienced by any user of the platform. As such IATEFL cannot provide refunds, or be held liable for any costs incurred by such circumstances
- IATEFL cannot provide refunds, or be held liable for any possible effects of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union or a Coronavirus Event. Such effects are outside of the control of IATEFL. A Coronavirus Event is an event or delay caused by, or arising from or in relation to the Coronavirus (being Covid19/ SARS-COV2 Coronavirus or any mutation or development thereof) epidemic or pandemic that prevents, postpones, cancels or delays any bookings, sales or refunds by the Company under this agreement and other contracts with third parties, or performance of any obligations by the Company under this contract, including (but not limited to) losses and disruptions which caused such delay or postponement of sale, bookings or refunds.
- Without limitation to any other provision of this agreement IATEFL shall not be in breach of this agreement nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this agreement, or obliged to provide refunds if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances it shall at its sole discretion be entitled to reschedule to a date more than 18 months after the original date of the Conference.
- When using the online platform on which the conference will be run, your data will also be protected by the platform: https://hopin.com/privacy.
- Please note that you may also appear in a video recording, your comments may be recorded and you can exchange contact details with other conference participants or exhibitors. The lawfulness of this processing is based on your consent which is presumed by your participation and by providing contact details.
- By attending the event you acknowledge and agree to grant IATEFL the right at the event to record, film, photograph or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise globally to disseminate such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you.
- Your personal data may be shared with exhibitors whose booth you visit during the conference. If you visit an exhibition booth and allow that company to record your data during the IATEFL Conference, you agree for IATEFL to pass on your name and email address to the exhibitor and for them to contact you directly.
- Our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind however arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to this conference, shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of your booking to attend the conference.
- We shall not be liable to you for (i) any loss of profit, loss of or damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill or; (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
- You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our partners and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by you during the event.
- IATEFL retains the right to record and share, archive or sell content from this event at its discretion, as long as presenters of a session have agreed that their session may be recorded. Content of presentations remains the intellectual property of the presenter(s). Any requests to reproduce a particular session by another person or organisation other than IATEFL should be sent to the relevant contributor and not IATEFL.
- Articles, blogs and/or social media posts referencing a part of the IATEFL conference, including a session, must acknowledge the IATEFL conference as the original source of the content, as well as the speaker(s) concerned.
- When you register for tickets you confirm that you and all persons included in the registration have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
All enquiries relating to these terms and conditions should be directed to [email protected]