As a charity we are always looking for volunteers who can support our aims to link, develop and support English language teaching professionals worldwide.
Certain roles require you to have been a member for a certain period of time, or of a specific Special Interest Group (SIG), to ensure you have a good working knowledge of the Association. The eligibility criteria will always be explained in the call for applications, but you may like to also consider:
- Am I an IATEFL individual member with up to date membership?
- Do I have a good understanding of IATEFL policies and am I familiar with the IATEFL Code of Conduct? (See here)
- Am I free to attend occasional meetings (normally online)?
- Which special skills can I offer? Experience in publishing, running conferences, fundraising, social media, website design and organising local groups are always important.
- Note: Volunteering may also require travel and accommodation. IATEFL can reimburse these costs, within our current limits.
That's great news! We send emails to members inviting applications, as well as uploading the job descriptions and application form via the link below. Once you see a role you are interested in, read the role description carefully, and then complete and return the application form. All forms are read blind and you will be contacted after the closing date as to the status of your application. Good luck!