As a charity we are always looking for volunteers who can support our aims to link, develop and support English language teaching professionals worldwide.
All volunteers must be an individual current member of IATEFL.
Certain roles require you to have been a member for a certain period of time, or of a specific Special Interest Group (SIG), to ensure you have a good working knowledge of the Association. The eligibility criteria will always be explained in the call for nominations.
If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, here are some questions you might want to ask yourself first:
- Am I an IATEFL member?
- If yes, is my IATEFL membership up to date?
- Do I have a good understanding of IATEFL policies and am I familiar with the IATEFL Code of Conduct? (See here)
- Am I free to attend occasional meetings (normally online)?
- Which special skills can I offer that would be of value? Experience in publishing, running conferences, fundraising, and organising local groups are always important.
- Note: Volunteering may also require travel and accommodation. IATEFL can reimburse these costs, within our current limits.
That's great news! Look out for calls for volunteers from IATEFL, or from Special Interest Groups you are currently a member of. Once you see a role you are interested in, read the role description carefully, and then complete and return the nomination form and a statement about how you meet the criteria for the role, and what your experience is.