Small grants making a big difference
The IATEFL Projects scheme offers grants of up to £3,000 to one Teaching Association each year to undertake a project that will make an improvement to language teaching and learning in the local community and give the opportunity for less experienced teachers to take an active role.
Examples of projects that could be undertaken include:
- Develop a course to upgrade teachers’ language skills
- Run a conference to address a particular local issue with the aim of creating solutions
- Build a leadership skills programme for newly qualified teachers
- Produce a bank of new teaching materials
Who can apply?
The scheme is intended only for IATEFL Associates in countries listed as 'high', 'medium' or 'low' (but not 'very high') on the United Nations Human Development Index. Winners of IATEFL Project funding are welcome to reapply for funding for a different project after a year’s break following the completion of the current Project. Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- That the project has a clear aim and will benefit a broad community of language teachers
- That the project is achievable. Simple ideas to improve teaching and learning are often more effective than complex schemes.
- That the budget shows clearly how the funds will be spent
- That a range of people are involved in the setting up and management of the project
- That there are clear plans in place to evaluate and disseminate the project outcomes
The next step...
- Send it to IATEFL Head Office at the address included at the end of the form.
Whilst IATEFL Associates can submit an application at any time, these are reviewed and a winner chosen once a year. The closing date for the next review of applications is Monday 19 April 2021.