IPSENSIG PCE 2024: Is there a place for IP in AI
Join IATEFL Inclusive Practices & Special Educational Needs Special Interest Group (IPSENSIG) for their in person 2024 Pre-Conference Event on 15 April 2024- Is there a place for IP in AI
We are delighted to announce a Joint Pre-Conference Event (PCE) between the Inclusive Practices and Special Educational Needs SIG (IP&SEN SIG) & English UK, focusing on the theme of "AI in Inclusive Practices." This event will explore the powerful impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in promoting inclusivity and equitable practices in Language Teaching organizations (LTOs).
Theme: AI in Inclusive Practices - Revolutionizing Inclusion in LTOs
Advancements in AI have the potential to revolutionize how we approach inclusivity in Language Teaching organizations. This PCE invites researchers, educators, policy makers, and practitioners to submit proposals on themes related to AI-driven solutions in fostering inclusive practices within LTOs. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- AI for Diverse Learning Styles: Presentations on AI applications that cater to diverse learning styles and promote equitable learning experiences for all students.
- AI-Driven Accessibility Solutions: Exploring how AI can enhance accessibility in LTOs, ensuring inclusivity for all individuals.
- Ethical AI in Inclusive Education: Discussions on the ethical considerations and guidelines when implementing AI in educational settings, promoting fairness and avoiding bias.
- AI-Powered Personalized Learning: Exploring AI-driven personalized learning experiences that adapt to individual learner needs, promoting better learning outcomes.
- AI in Multicultural Environments: How AI can facilitate cultural inclusivity and create a supportive environment for learners from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We invite proposals for 45-minute sessions (35-minute talk and 10-minute Q&A) in the form of interactive talks or workshops, focused on the transformative role of AI in fostering inclusivity within Language Teaching organizations. Presenters will also be expected to participate in discussion slots at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions.
Sharing Your Information:
By submitting a speaker proposal for this joint PCE, you agree to share your Name and Email address with IPSENSIG. If selected to present at the PCE, these details will be included in the event programme, on the respective SIG websites, and on social media platforms. We eagerly anticipate contributions that explore the transformative potential of AI in promoting inclusivity and advancing equitable practices within Language Teaching organizations.
You are currently booking to attend this event in person, in Brighton.
Event type:SIG Event
Date:15/04/2024 - 09:30 until 15/04/2024 - 17:00 UK time
Early Bird fees (ends 10 of January)
Non members: 79.00GBP
Standard fees: From 10 January 2024
IATEFL members: 77GBP
IATEFL members need to login to their member dashboard before registering for this event to receive the member discount.
Non-members wishing to register for this event must login to their IATEFL user account before registering for this event. If you don't already have a user account then create one by clicking 'Login' at the top left of the screen, then select “create new account”. This is free and is quick and easy to do. Once you have created a user account, return to this event and then select 'register' to complete your booking.