ESPSIG supporting 5th LSP conference
Join IATEFL English for Specific Purposes SIG as they support the Foreign Language and Literature Association of Serbia, the Special Interest Group of Languages for Specific Purposes and the Teacher Education Faculty, University of Belgrade for their fifth LSP international conference.
As with the previous ones, the event brings together lecturers and linguistics experts with the aim of presenting the latest research results in the area of languages for specific purposes, to share knowledge and experience, and a will to establish professional cooperation both locally and internationally. We hope to encourage further development of language knowledge and skills, as well as research pertaining to scientific, occupational and professional communication, to promote multilingualism, and improve the status and quality of the teaching of foreign languages for specific purposes in higher education.
Plenary talks will be held by:
● Gabriel Diaz Maggioli, ORT University, Institute of Education, Montevideo, Urugvay – Preparing ESP teachers: the core practices way
● Ernesto Macaro, University of Oxford, UK – Learner strategies in English Medium Instruction classrooms
● Cédric Sarré, Sorbonne Université, INSPE (School of Education), Paris, France – New directions in LSP teacher education in the 21st century
● Helen Basturkment, University of Auckland, New Zealand – Developing materials and projects in English for Specific Purposes
● Raisa Khvoshch, Tyumen State Medical University, Russia – Ways of international students’ adaptation when teaching Russian as a foreign language at the medical university
● Vesna Polovina, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philology – Introducing Computer Assisted Language Learning for specific domains
● Ana Vujović and Miroslava Ristić, University of Belgrade, Teacher Education Faculty – Ditital Tools as aid in preparing terminological glossaries
To find out more and to register please visit the IATEFL ESPSIG website.