MaWSIG PCE 2022: Exploring dichotomies, bridging gaps and joining the dots
Join IATEFL Materials Writing SIG for their 2022 Pre-Conference Event on 16 May.
Following on from our successful PCE in 2021, and maintaining its practical approach, the MaWSIG PCE 2022 will explore the various stages that materials travel through on their way to the classroom. Does the route involve bridgeable gaps, or dots we can work to join up more effectively? We’ll be discussing some of the key questions and dichotomies that can crop up along the way. For example:
- What shapes ELT materials more: market demand, pedagogical theory, or research?
- What are the obstacles to making materials inclusive?
- What are the constraints that affect the journey of materials from the initial concept to final product?
- Is it possible to self-publish successfully without the marketing forces of a publishing company behind you?
- Writing materials for our own classroom: how do teachers ensure quality and fit?
Our PCE will include both stimulating talks and time for discussion, as well as plenty of opportunities for reflection and networking.
Event type:SIG Event
Date:16/05/2022 - 10:00 UK time
Venue:ICC Belfast & Hilton Belfast
2 Lanyon Pl
Earlybird - 1 December 2021 - 10 February 2022
IATEFL members: 57GBP
Non members: 70GBP
Standard rate - 11 February - 21 April 2022
IATEFL members: 73GBP
Non members: 86GBP
IATEFL members need to login before registering for this event in order to receive the member discount.
Non members wishing to register for this event must hold a user account with us. If you don't already have a user account then create one by clicking 'Login' at the top left of the screen, then select “create new account”. This is free and is quick and easy to do.
Booking fees will increase to the standard rate for those delegates who book but do not pay by the earlybird deadline.