Each year IATEFL offers a wide range of conference scholarships to enable teachers, trainers and other ELT professionals the opportunity to attend the IATEFL Annual Conference in the UK. Many of these scholarships are offered by generous doners and sponsors and we would like to thank each of them for their generosity.
Applications for our 2022 Conference in Belfast are now open, details of the awards available are listed here. The deadline for submitting applications will be 16.00 (UK time) Wednesday 28 July 2021.
How to apply for an IATEFL Conference Scholarship
- Go to www.iatefl.org/scholarships to read the guidelines of each award. There is no limit to the number you can apply for but we recommend choosing 2 or 3 awards to focus your efforts on. Once you have decided which awards you wish to apply for, write a draft of your application and get a couple of people to proof read what you have written, making sure it meets all the necessary requirements of the award.
- When you are ready to submit your application, go to www.iatefl.org and log in. If you have never logged in to our website before, click 'Log in' and then 'Create new account'. It is quick, simple and free to do. When you have logged in, go to 'My Dashboard'.
- Click on Scholarships and complete your Scholarship profile, you will then be shown the list of awards available to you on the Scholarships Dashboard.
- If an award requires a speaker proposal you must submit this before you can apply for the scholarship. Click where is says 'You must make a single person speaker proposal before you can apply' to submit your proposal. Please note, you can only submit one proposal so if you wish to apply for more than one scholarship that requires a proposal you must make sure your one proposal fits all those scholarships. You will be able to download a PDF of the speaker guidelines from the proposal submission page. Once you have submitted your proposal you should see the word 'Apply' next to each award.
- Click 'Apply' on the scholarship you wish to submit an application for. There you will be able to submit the required essay or personal statement. Make sure you click 'Submit' at the bottom of the page.
- Once an application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email and it will appear on your Scholarship Dashboard under 'You Have Already Applied For'. If you don't receive the email and/or it is not listed on your Scholarship Dashboard, your application did not get submitted and it will not be considered by the reading panel. Please go back to the award you wish to apply for and re-submit your application, making sure you have followed all the requirements.
The result of your application(s) will be emailed to you between 25 August and 8 September 2021. Please do NOT contact the IATEFL Head Office about scholarship decisions; the Scholarship Committee will send everyone the results as soon as they are available.