- Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport offers long haul routes from around the world, as well as routes from within the UK and Europe. Visit the airport's website at www.manchesterairport.co.uk. The airport is just 9 miles from Manchester city centre.
- Getting from the airport to Manchester city centre: Manchester Airport train station is located within the airport complex, within walking distance to all the airport terminals. Trains run regularly from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly station and take approximately 20 minutes. You can buy tickets in advance or use the ticket machines or information desk at the Airport train station.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Over 70 inbound UK and European routes are offered by Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Visit the airport's website at www.liverpoolairport.com
- Getting from the airport to Manchester city centre: Liverpool South Parkway is the closest train station to Liverpool John Lennon Airport, located approximately 3 miles away from the Airport. There is a regular bus service between the airport and the station. From Liverpool South Parkway trains to Manchester run frequently. You can use National Rail Journey Planner to check times.
- Manchester is just over 2 hours away by train from London and has connections with many other major UK cities too. Trains arrive at Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester Victoria and there are Metrolink tram stops outside the stations into the city centre.
Getting Around Manchester
- Manchester is a compact city that can be crossed on foot in about 20 minutes. Alternatively, there is a FreeBus which links the train stations to the city centre and local businesses. There is also a network of trams in Manchester, please see the Metrolink website for details.
Other useful links
- Further information about reaching Manchester is available on the Visit Manchester website.
- For more specific information about reaching the conference venue, please visit Manchester Central Conference Centre.