Organised by the Leadership and Management SIG
- Date and time: Friday 17 April 2020, 10.00-17.00
- Location: Manchester Central, Windmill St, Manchester, M2 3GX, UK
- Cost for IATEFL members: Early bird rate: £57, Standard rate: £73 (price does not include lunch)
- Cost for non-members: Early bird rate £70, Standard rate: £86 (price does not include lunch)
Employee engagement has become the top issue on the minds of many leaders in ELT, pointing towards an entirely new model of management and leadership. But what does employee engagement even mean? What do these new models look like? How can they be known, shaped and implemented? And once implemented in the institution how do we measure engagement and set benchmarks. and perhaps even “kitemarks”, to follow, and promote our institution as an employer of first choice.
This PCE day for LAMSIG investigates these issues and provides a forum for discussion, understanding and action. It will allow managers and leaders to hear from sector experts who have experience of building institutions where passion is valued and staff are proactive about adding value in their work while aligning with the institution’s mission and goals.
Specific questions to address:
- How can we raise the level of personal investment staff bring to work every day?
- What are the qualities we want to develop in engaged staff? How can these qualities be promoted, rewarded and valued?
- What can LTO leaders do to create a positive environment where decision making and values setting are shared and values-based work contracts are the norm
- Is there a place for “happiness initiatives”, employee engagement surveys and score-systems to measure and monitor engagement and the individual voice over time
- Is there a place for HR and L&D in building an engaged staff force? How can they promote fairness, openness and integrity in their processes – recruitment, promotion, learning & development, appraisal and duty of care – that give rise to better engagement?
Please note: If you don't have a user login then select 'login' and then 'create new account'. It's easy and free to do.