Welcome to Harrogate, a beautiful spa town with a growing Muslim population. While you’re visiting, here are some tips and information from the Harrogate Islamic Association that you may find helpful during this holy month of Ramadan.
Although we have recently purchased a building to serve as our first mosque, it is currently undergoing renovation. In the meantime, we hold daily isha and taraweeh prayers at 22.00 at Friends Meeting House, 12A Queen Parade, Harrogate HG1 5PP.
|Monday 17 April||03.36||13.06||14.57||20.12||22.00 (jamaat)|
|Tuesday 18 April||03.32||13.06||14.58||20.14||22.00 (jamaat)|
|Wednesday 19 April||03.29||13.06||14.59||20.16||22.00 (jamaat)|
|Thursday 20 April||03.25||13.06||15.00||20.17||22.00 (jamaat)|
|Friday 21 April||03.21||13.05||15.01||20.19||22.00 (jammat)|
Please call +44 (0) 7510 440649 to confirm the exact day of Eid if you are here on the date it is expected (April 21st or 22nd).
Some halal restaurants near the Harrogate Convention Centre include the following:
- Falafel Hut, 8 King's Rd, Harrogate HG1 1BT (Lebanese cuisine)
- Rubins, 4-6 Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate HG1 1DB (Turkish and Italian cuisine)
- Jinnah, 32 Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate HG1 1DB (Kashmiri cuisine)
- Shalimar Restaurant, 9-11 Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate HG1 1DD (Indian cuisine)
- Cardamom Black, Cheltenham Parade, Harrogate HG1 1BX (Pan-South Asian cuisine)
- Nomad Cafe and Deli, 29a, 31 Beulah St, Harrogate HG1 1QH (Moroccan cuisine)
- I am Döner, 30 Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1TX (Turkish cuisine)
- Istanbul Turkish Bar & Grill, Clarendon House, Victoria Ave, Harrogate HG1 1JD (Turkish cuisine)
- Konak Meze, 11/13 Mount Parade, Harrogate HG1 1BX (Turkish cuisine)
More information about the Harrogate Islamic Association, our first mosque and Eid celebrations can be found on our website and Facebook page.