International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language
Linking, developing and supporting English Language Teaching professionals worldwide
Invited Speakers (as of 1 November 2014)
- Diane Belcher (Georgia State University)
- William Grabe (Northern Arizona University)
- Eli Hinkel (Seattle University)
- Andy Curtis (TESOL president-elect)
Joint event between ATECR & the Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management of Tomas Bata University in Zlin called 2015 shades of ELT
Confirmed plenary speakers so far: Graham Hall, Russell Stannard, Rakesh Bhanot, Lynda Steyne
- Maturita exam
- Business English
- Very young learners
- Acting locally and Regional issues in ELT
- Intercultural communication
- Multiple intelligences
- ICT in ELT
The following SIGs (Special Interest Groups) will be represented: Call for Papers deadline 14 February 2015
- Business English
- Drama & Literature
- English for Specific Purposes
- Testing, Evaluations and Assessment
-Immersion / CLIL
- Learning Technologies
- Teacher Training and Development
- Young Learners
Call for Papers deadline 14 February 2015
1.ICTs in teaching/learning English
2.Language for diversity and inclusion
3.Latest trends in teaching EFL, ESP and EAP
4.Managing the new classroom
Deadline for Submission of Papers: 13/04/2015
The call for speakers is open until 15 June and we'd love to hear from you and your members! -Business English.
We're interested in practical 45-minute workshops that can be readily used in our classrooms: https://ska2015.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/call2015/.
The conference will run 4 concurrent tracks in the following areas:
-Teaching teens & adults,
-Using drama in ELT,
Our plenaries this year are:
Peter Medgyes (professor emeritus at ELTE, Budapest; ELT author and teacher; and former vice president of IATEFL - https://youtu.be/rGFZJLWKSKk),
Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto (author, iTDi co-founder, teacher-trainer for young learners based in Japan - https://youtu.be/iOC4_3SN6tY),
David Fisher (actor, founder of the Bear Theatre, Prague and teacher-trainer - https://youtu.be/hv7J-Ug261M).Early-bird registration for participants begins 1 June (https://ska2015.wordpress.com/registration/).
We look forward to hearing from you! And then hosting you in September!
"Transforming Education, Transforming ELT"
Call for papers:
- Workshop (60 minutes incl. questions)
- Presentation (30 minutes incl. questions)
- Poster Presentation (Poster size A1)
1 June: deadline for submission of speaker proposals
1 July: notification of acceptance / start of registration for speakers
1 August: end of registration for speakers / start of registration for non-speakers
1 October: end of registration for non-speakers
- Speaker and non-speaker fees are the same.
- The fee includes conference talks, materials, coffee breaks and a certificate.
- Teacher Fee: 20 EUR for LAKMA members / 40 EUR for non-members
- Student Fee: (to be confirmed)
"Building the Future Today: English Language Teaching and Learning Breakthroughs"
This international conference welcomes researchers as well as middle school, high school, and university-level teachers in the field of English language teaching. Recent graduates in this field are also welcome.
The Call for Proposals is now open and submissions are due by 30 May 2015. We invite you to submit your proposal using the following link: http://www.anupi.org.mx/Espanol/CongCallPart.php
Call for Papers Deadline: 31 May 2015
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The 23rd Biennial ALC-GELI Convention opens its door to ELT professionals. Sessions at the Convention will include:
Papers -Workshops - Posters - Research Projects/Reports - Plenary Sessions by Cuban and foreign speakers
Submissions are welcomed from specialists involved in English Language Teaching related issues and concerns, namely, teachers, teacher trainers, researchers, program administrators, and material/curriculum developers.
a) Paper (15 minutes). It describes and discusses something that the presenter is doing, or has done in relation to either theory or practice.
b) Workshop (45 minutes). A workshop should include very little lecturing by the leader, the emphasis is on the participantsí activity. c) Poster Session (1 hour). A poster session allows for individual discussion with participants during the time that a self-explanatory exhibit is on display.
d) Research Projects/Reports (20 minutes). Research presentation describes and examines the presenterís objectives and hypothesis of new projects, as well as the findings resulting from the careful study of ELT-related issues and concerns.
e) Plenary (1 hour). There will be plenary sessions given by Cuban and foreign specialists on topics of general interest. Plenary speakers and topics will be selected by the Organizing Committee from among proposals received.
These instructions should be read carefully so that the Presenters Proposal Form will not be disqualified:
1. There must be no more than two presenters for each proposal. Use the same Presenters Proposal Form for both.
2. One requirement for acceptance of the proposal is to provide an abstract that will appear in the Academic Programme if the proposal is accepted. It should not exceed 150 words and must be written in English.
What disqualifies a proposal?
1. The Presenters Proposal Form is not completed according to the guidelines outlined in this Call for Participation.
2. The Presenters Proposal Form is not accompanied by the abstract.
3. The abstract exceeds 150 words.
4. The Presenters Proposal Form is not received at GELI Central Office (email) by the deadline of October 12, 2015.
5. The proposal has more than two presenters.
All participants will have to fill in the Individual Registration Form, whether they submit a paper to be presented at the convention or not; thus, presenters will have to submit both the Individual Registration Form and the Presenters Proposal Form as well.
Please, notice that the deadlines for the submission of each form are different.
ďFrom English Elementary Teacher toEnglish Language ProfessionalĒ
To submit your Presentation Proposal Form online, follow this link:.Submissions will be accepted from Monday, 10 June to Saturday, 31 October 2015.