International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language
Linking, developing and supporting English Language Teaching professionals worldwide
Call for participation
The 23rd Biennial ALC-GELI Convention opens its door to ELT professionals. Sessions at the Convention will include:
Papers - Workshops - Posters - Research Projects/Reports - Plenary Sessions by Cuban and foreign speakers
Submissions are welcomed from specialists involved in English Language Teaching related issues and concerns, namely, teachers, teacher trainers, researchers, program administrators, and material/curriculum developers.
Types of sessions:
a) Paper (15 minutes). It describes and discusses something that the presenter is doing, or has done in relation to either theory or practice.
b) Workshop (45 minutes). A workshop should include very little lecturing by the leader, the emphasis is on the participants activity.
c) Poster Session (1 hour). A poster session allows for individual discussion with participants during the time that a self-explanatory exhibit is on display.
d) Research Projects/Reports (20 minutes). Research presentation describes and examines the presenters objectives and hypothesis of new projects, as well as the findings resulting from the careful study of ELT-related issues and concerns.
e) Plenary (1 hour). There will be plenary sessions given by Cuban and foreign specialists on topics of general interest. Plenary speakers and topics will be selected by the Organizing Committee from among proposals received.
What are the steps in submitting a proposal?
These instructions should be read carefully so that the Presenters Proposal Form will not be disqualified:
1. There must be no more than two presenters for each proposal. Use the same Presenters Proposal Form for both.
2. One requirement for acceptance of the proposal is to provide an abstract that will appear in the Academic Programme if the proposal is accepted. It should not exceed 150 words and must be written in English.
What disqualifies a proposal?
1. The Presenters Proposal Form is not completed according to the guidelines outlined in this Call for Participation.
2. The Presenters Proposal Form is not accompanied by the abstract.
3. The abstract exceeds 150 words.
4. The Presenters Proposal Form is not received at GELI Central Office (email) by the deadline of October 12, 2015.
5. The proposal has more than two presenters.
All participants will have to fill in the Individual Registration Form, whether they submit a paper to be presented at the convention or not; thus, presenters will have to submit both the Individual Registration Form and the Presenters Proposal Form as well.
Please, notice that the deadlines for the submission of each form are different.
We invite abstracts / papers and workshop proposals from different authors / delegates for the conference from across the globe. We are also pleased to mention that The Global Association of English Studies has agreed to publish all the accepted papers of the conference in their Journal. The conference is also backed by All India Network of English Teachers (AINET).
We invite abstracts / papers and workshop proposals from different authors / delegates for the conference from across the globe.
We are also pleased to mention that The Global Association of English Studies has agreed to publish all the accepted papers of the conference in their Journal. The conference is also backed by All India Network of English Teachers (AINET).
Conference Theme: “Exploring Learners and Learning of English”
Supported by British Council, India & the American Centre, US Embassy, India
CONFERENCE FOCUS AREAS
Classroom experiments, action research studies and case studies in
● Curriculums and syllabuses ● Teaching language skills
● Learner strategies/styles ● Teacher training/ development
● Materials/ coursebooks ● Testing and evaluation
● Methods and strategies ● Psychology of learners/ learning
● Learner/ Teacher Motivation ● History of ELE in India
● Technology in English Language/Literature Teaching
Call for Presentation Proposals
Paper presentations (15 min), workshops (30 min) and poster presentationsEnquiries to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference will undoubtedly inspire us to evolve, to share, to engage in becoming even better teachers as well as offer a great variety of workshops and plenaries.
Early bird registration until 10 January 2016
Speaker proposal deadline 25 October.
To submit your Presentation Proposal Form online, follow this link: www.tesol-spain.org/en/pages/11/speakers.html
Submissions will be accepted from Monday, 10 June to Saturday, 31 October 2015.
Speakers are invited to submit articles based on their sessions for our bi-annual publication: TESOL-SPAIN Selected Papers.
We would also like to remind you that contributions to our e-Newsletter are always welcome
Speaker Proposal Forms are to be sent by 17 January 2016
‘Connecting Professionally on ELT in Asia: Crossing the Bridge to Excellence’
(PCE - July 3)